Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Introduction

The course Facing History in Ourselves is an awesome course that ultimately will give you the opportunity to find who "YOU" are. With visual movies, documentaries, and readings students will be able to understand exactly what happened during the Holocaust. Students will be able to put themselves in the scenarios that people living during the Holocaust had to go through. Overall students will look at their choices and viewpoints and decide who they are and who they want to be. I heard about how this course is really beneficial and interesting so I did a little more research about it. I found out that we will be looking in-depth at the Holocaust and decided I definitely wanted to learn more about it. All my life I have learned why the Holocaust happened and that it was a terrible war but I never learned about the sort of brutal things that actually happened and how the prisoners reacted. I decided it was time to learn what really happened. I am a senior, girl at Westborough High School and I have lived in this town my entire life. I have been taught everything I know from Westborough public schools. This course is something that I will remember as well as learn from and apply to my own life. I know that people with authority, even if they are just one person, have so much power over others. People can be manipulated to do awful things and think that they are justified only because the person in power told them so. One person can cause a war and one person can end one, even if that war is bullying or any sort of present day issue in society today.

No comments:

Post a Comment